OraRisk® CT/NG Testing from OralDNA Labs
OraRisk® CT/NG is the most sensitive way to test for one of the emerging STDs, Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and or Neisseria gonorrhea (NG) of the oropharynx. According to the Centers for Disease Control, oral CT and NG infections are a growing concern. These conditions may be asymptomatic or involve only mild pharyngitis, yet the consequences of an unchecked infection may be severe and are transmissible to partners and others who share intimate contact. Further, patients who test positive for CT or NG are likely at risk for other STDs including human papillomavirus (HPV) and herpes simplex (HSV).
Features of the OraRisk® CT/NG test include:
- Highly sensitive detection of either or both Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhea
- A full color report useful for patient education
- Interpretative comments with specific recommendations for treatment of patients with positive samples
- The oral rinse sample is simple to collect and can serve for testing other OraRisk® tests including HPV, Candida and HSV.
Which patients should be tested?
- Patients providing a history of high-risk sexual activity or those who have had new or multiple partners
- Patients with a positive test for other oral STDs
- Patients with complaints of malaise, fever and pharyngitis and negative tests for common bacterial causes such as Streptococcus
- Patients with signs of pharyngeal inflammation and ulceration